Wednesday, December 27, 2017

New Year, New You?

Do you make resolutions for yourself? Do you look at the new year as a time to set new goals and reflect on what you’ve accomplished (and not accomplished) during the prior year? I have been a resolution-maker for years. And, this might come as a surprise, I have also been a resolution-breaker for years (did you sense my sarcasm there?).

Here’s the thing: when I look at my life as a one-time-a-year chance to make myself better, I fail. Am I constantly reflecting and trying to grow? Yes. But there is something very all-or-nothing to me about setting a New Year’s resolution. If that has worked for you, that is great. I admire you for sticking to something. Maybe that’s my problem...I often times struggle to stick to things…

On Instagram I’ve seen numerous posts about the upcoming year and thinking of what 2017 looked like for you. One of my favorite things was this: your year is a book with twelve chapters. Each chapter is different, some are harder than others. Some chapters might be the focus of a highlight reel. But each is beautiful and unique much like you.

So this year, I’m choosing to write twelve chapters. The first one starts soon. How will your first chapter start?

Finding the charm in everyday life.

xo Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment